Wednesday 5 September 2012

History Hop - join in!

Are you inspired by history? If you said yes, then this could be the blog hop for you! The History Hop is a chance to immerse yourself in a period in history and create jewelry with that inspiration.

Your challenge is to select a period from the timeline below (or I can choose one at random for you!), research it, and create something to reflect that period. I'm hoping you'll not only be inspired by the style of the period, but also the materials that would have been used.

Ready?

How it works: 

Choose one or more time periods. If you'd rather it be a surprise, I can choose a period for you. Remember, you only have to choose one!

Post a comment here or email me with your chosen time period. I'll put all the info together for an easy to use blog hop list, so we know where we're going!

Create at least one piece of jewelry for your period. You can make as many as you like, but one finished piece for each time period you choose is all that's required.

Reveal on Saturday, October 13th.

Hop the blogs - I know there are going to be some amazing creations, so enjoy the hop!

Info I need from you: your chosen time period and your blog address, if you're not commenting with a Blogger account. Otherwise it's hard to find you!

There are 14 time periods to choose from. Click on the names for a great site with descriptions, history, and photos for each time period.




  












Found one you liked? Email (click on my profile to contact me) or comment here with your choice(s) and that you'd like to participate. All you have to do from there is create and wait for the reveal day! I hope there's enough info in the links above, but if you need help finding any other resources, just ask!

Let's get creating!


History Hop participants so far:

Ahowin - Art Nouveau www.blog.ahowinjewelry.com
Alicia Marinache – Victorian http://www.allprettythings.ca/
Becca's Place – Renaissance www.godsartistinresidence.blogspot.com
Beti Horvath – Ancient Egypt and Art Deco www.stringingfool.blogspot.com
Cherry Obsidia – Ancient Mecynae Greece www.cherryobsidia.blogspot.com
Cooky – Renaissance www.shepherdessbeads.com/Blog.html
Jennifer Davies-Reazor – Medieval www.jdaviesreazor.com/blog
Kathleen Douglas – Indus Valley www.washoekat.blogspot.com
Kashmira Patel – Etruscan www.sadafulee.blogspot.com
Lady Grey – Victorian www.beadsteaandsweets.blogspot.com
Laney Mead – Pre-Columbian www.laney-izzybeads.blogspot.co.uk
Leah Curtis – Ancient Roman www.beadyeyedbunny.blogspot.co.uk
LiliKrist - Persia www.lilikrist.com
Melissa – Mesopotamian www.design.kcjewelbox.com
Melissa Trudinger – Art Nouveau www.beadrecipes.wordpress.com
Micheladas Musings – Ancient Romans www.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com
Sandra Wollberg – Art Nouveau www.city-of-brass-stories.blogspot.com
Sharyl McMillian-Nelson – Art Deco www.sharylsjewelry.blogspot.com
Tracy Stillman – Victorian www.tracystillmandesigns.com



26 comments:

  1. I would love to join in. I found 3 time periods that interested me.. lol But I would like to create with the ancient romans..
    Mischelle

    email addy is micheladas68@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. I'm torn between Egypt and Victorian though...
    watermusicgirl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gee, I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew, but I'd love to do both Egypt and Art Deco, sort of a compare and contrast thingie!

    betihorvath@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in! But I want to sleep on it and will decide tomorrow what period I will time travel to....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pre-Columbian - they used anthropomorphic ideas in their designs :D My email is laneymead@yahoo.co.uk

    Right off to do some research :D Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like fun! Please count me in and surprise me (pick for me please)
    aneri.masi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna go for it - please add me in, I'm going to represent Ancient Mycenae Greece - I studied mythology extensively in my degree, and loved it! :) cherryobsidia@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ancient Mycenae Greek for me - I hope I can do the era proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm think I 'll have a go- Art Deco for me please
    here is my e-mail yellowunicorn25@yahoo.co.uk

    Hope I complete on time lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in. Since ART NOUVEAU started in my city, I chose ART NOUVEAU: solmessou2@orange.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I decided to go with victorian. watermusicgirl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to correct myself because it was one of the school of ART NOUVEAU which started in my city. Here some info:

    In Nancy, the Art Nouveau style takes the name of the Ecole de Nancy, also known as the "Alliance Provinciale des Industries d’Art", thanks notably to the emblematic figure of Emile Gallé. Glass, furniture, stained glass, ceramic, leather, iron, architecture and other artistic mediums take part in this vast movement to renovate the decorative arts that still mark the city of Nancy to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that! Wonderful bit of history there.

      Delete
  13. I'd love to join. Art Nouveau please. E-mail is wollberg.sandra(at)googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will jump in on this one. Since it doesn't look like the Mesopotamian era has been chosen, I will try that.
    blog: http://design.kcjewelbox.com email: melissa@melissamuir.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to join too - I need to stay busy... I have a hard time making choices. I would love to do any of these three; Middle Ages, Renaissance, and Victorian. I would be pleased to do any though - so I will eagerly await to hear the news if I am in and which time period. Thanks so much for such a wonderful opportunity to grow in knowledge and in technique and skill.


    ReplyDelete
  16. i would love to participate if you are still accepting people. i'd like to work on the victorian period

    ReplyDelete
  17. i forgot to include by blog address (sorry!) it is: http://simplybeadiful.weebly.com/simply-stated.html
    thanks! i think this looks really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can sign me up for what ever period isn't covered, or is least covered.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope I'm not too late to join in the fun! I actually just created something Roman-inspired, and another piece inspired by Hellenistic Greece (with a heavy Egyptian influence) so I'm heading to the other end of the spectrum this time and going with Art Deco! It will be a whole new experience for me!

    Hope that works! Thanks for hosting this fun event!

    Sharyl McMillian-Nelson / Sharyl's Jewelry
    Sharyl's Jewelry & Reflections (Blog) http://www.sharylsjewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, I'll join in too! Just hope I have time before/after my holiday to complete my piece (I have it in my head, so that's a good start!) I'd like to do Art Nouveau please!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Are you still accepting people? 'Cuz this sounds really fun. I think I'd be interested in one of these: Renaissance or Art Deco. Is that okay?
    www.godsartistinresidence.blogspot.com Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Leah, I'd love to join in and will choose Victorian. My blog is www.tracystillmandesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Leah, please kindly choose a history for my theme =)
    BTW...I have update my name and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry I missed this!!! I would have LOVED this!

    ReplyDelete